Welcome to Club Cobalt!

Club Cobalt is your online home for Cobalt boat discussions and the best place to interact with, and learn from, other Cobalt boat owners.
Register Now

OK I'LL BREAK THE ICE

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by 3pointstar, Jul 27, 2017.

1. 3pointstar

3pointstar Active Member Founding Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Granger, Indiana
    2000 -- 226
    7.4 MPI- 310hp
    GMC 2500 Durmax
    Hi everyone - I thought I would break the ice in this section and give you a couple of thoughts about lake Michigan boating.

We have had some great times putting in at New Buffalo Michigan - the people at the dock are very nice - it costs $7.00 for Michigan registered craft to launch - the ramp is in very good shape and there is ample parking dedicated to boaters - It is a VERY short ride out to the lake and from there it is up to you. We've topped off fuel at the marina there and again no issues at all. For those that wish to stop and grab a bite to eat- there really isn't anything that you can pull up and tie up to. What we have done is put the boat back on the trailer and walk over to Stray Dogs - nice place - a little loud -- but nice none the less.

Another nice launch area is South Haven - again good dock and parking. The only downside to this was the longer ride out to the lake -- it seems the Black River goes on and on and on --

Walt P likes this.
  2. Tonka Boater

Tonka Boater Site Owner Staff Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Wayzata, MN
    1997 Cobalt 232
    502 MAG / Bravo I
    2016 Yukon Denali
    Thank you! This is exactly what the regional forums are all about...great info!!!