Welcome to Club Cobalt!

Club Cobalt is your online home for Cobalt boat discussions and the best place to interact with, and learn from, other Cobalt boat owners.
Register Now

Inboard Guy

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jack Rose, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Jack Rose

Jack Rose Active Member Founding Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Kentucky
    1987 Supra Saltare'
    Big block, 454
    2011 Escalade
    Hello all! Lifelong boater. My avatar is a photo of my father in his first solo boat, a Yellow Jacket with a 35hp two stroke twin cylinder Johnson. Wooden ships and iron men! I remember the boat well. When I was a baby they'd wrap me up and stow me in the bow for a nap while dad and my older brother would slalom ski (!).

Dad bought a Hydrodyne Flat Top in '68 or so. Had a 75hp Selectric Shift Evinrude. We had loads of fun with that boat, a small skiff built by the family and a collection of canoes. The early years were spent on Lake Milton in Northeast Ohio, then Herrington Lake in Kentucky, and the Ohio River in Huntington, West Virginia.

Present day: Wife of 27 years, our three daughters and I get wet as often as we are able in Jamestown, Kentucky, Lake Cumberland.

Walt P likes this.
  2. Tonka Boater

Tonka Boater Site Owner Staff Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Wayzata, MN
    1997 Cobalt 232
    502 MAG / Bravo I
    2016 Yukon Denali
    Great story! I remember my grandpa stowed me in the bow of his old Lund fishing boat while night fishing for walleye on Mille Lacs Lake -- I must have been 7 or 8 yrs old. Some huge rollers came by and rocked the boat and I've never been so sick in my life.

Thanks for sharing, Jack!

Jack Rose likes this.