Welcome to Club Cobalt!

Club Cobalt is your online home for Cobalt boat discussions and the best place to interact with, and learn from, other Cobalt boat owners.
Register Now

FNG

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Smokeeater88, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Smokeeater88

Smokeeater88 New Member

Aug 14, 2017
    Indiana
    1989 cobalt 172
    4.3 merc
    2012 f150 ecoboost
    New here. I have 1989 consider 172 with a 4.3 merc. It's our first boat bought to have something fun and enjoyable for us to do as a family(myself, wife, 4 y.o daughter and 4 month old daughter) on my 1 day off a week. So far we absolutely love this thing. My youngest doesn't take many trips out with us, but my 4 y.o has a blast out there. She loves swimming and tubing as well just going fast across open water.

Walt P and Tonka Boater like this.
  2. Tonka Boater

Tonka Boater Site Owner Staff Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Wayzata, MN
    1997 Cobalt 232
    502 MAG / Bravo I
    2016 Yukon Denali
    Congrats on your first boat! We're here to help so post any questions that you have.

Welcome aboard!

3. Keepin' It Classic

Keepin' It Classic Moderator Staff Member Founding Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Emporia, KS
    1979 Cobalt 19BR
    Volvo Penta 7.4 EFI/DuoProp
    2012 Ford F-150 w/3.5 EcoBoost
    Congrats! Can't go wrong with a Cobalt!

4. Muggsy

Muggsy Administrator Founding Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Covington, LA
    1985 Cobalt CM23
    Center-mounted 383 Stroker w/Alpha jackshaft drive
    2006 Ford F250 6.0 Diesel
    You've done a great thing, in my opinion, starting your kids early in boating. All three of mine were on a boat before they were 3. My son, now 47 is on his 2nd boat and is a very accomplished wake boarder as is his wife and 14 year-old daughter. Anytime my 2 daughters (43 & 27) come to visit the first thing they ask is can we go out on the boat and I now have had my 8 year-old granddaughter out as well.

Boating is such a great way to spend time with family. The kids get their noses out of the electronics and find things to do. Even if we only stayed in the marina there were so many things to do and see. I'm grateful that they all share the love that I do for being out on the water.

The down side is that when the family grows your need for a larger boat becomes a reality. You will then get the "two foot-itis" disease that afflicts us all. Over the years I went from 14' to 18' to 19' to 23' to 24' to 26' to 36' and finally 52'. A cross country moved had me sell the 52' but I bought back the 23', a 1985 Cobalt that I now own....again!

So enjoy the boating and time with your girls and soon the youngest will be out there with you. Here is a link to a great video that you may enjoy.

Shawn

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    Walt P likes this.
  5. 3pointstar

3pointstar Active Member Founding Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Granger, Indiana
    2000 -- 226
    7.4 MPI- 310hp
    GMC 2500 Durmax
    Welcome to the Cobalt Cult -- There is something about time on the water that I just can't put in words - It really re-charges my battery!

If at anytime someone ever questions you about boating -- Just tell them --

It is Biblical -- Jesus said "get in the boat"!

All the best

3pointstar

Tonka Boater, Walt P and Muggsy like this.