Welcome to Club Cobalt!

Club Cobalt is your online home for Cobalt boat discussions and the best place to interact with, and learn from, other Cobalt boat owners.
Register Now

A25 General Questions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alpine_012, Jul 4, 2020.

1. alpine_012

alpine_012 New Member

Jul 4, 2020
    Saint Charles, MO
    2010 A25
    Volvo Penta 8.1
    2014 GMC Sierra
    Hey All,

I purchased my first new to me Cobalt. Always have wanted one and just never thought it actually would happen. I pulled the trigger on a 2010 A25. There are some huge differences from my 2003 Crownline 202BR.

First question I have is a warning beep when I’m going low speeds, such as a no wake area or docking. It beeps once every few minutes and goes away once throttled up. No warning lights show, thought maybe it’s a reminder beep to turn on blower at those low speeds. Haven’t tested that out yet though.

Second questions is relating to the serpentine belt. I’m noticing shaving in the bilge area from the belt. Belt looks new and no notable rips, tears, or odd signs of wearing on the belt. Never noticed on the old boat but also didn’t have the room in the engine compartment to actually see it either.

Thanks for any help and glad to be a Cobalt owner.

2. Walt P

Walt P Administrator Founding Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Prarie Creek Marina
    2001 Cobalt 262
    Volvo 8.1L Gi 375 HP
    I would change the belt and impeller along with oil just because I am the new owner. There is a possibility that your impeller is shot and or it has dates to come apart.